Services WordPress Theme tutorials - How to manage social media links and icons?
How to manage social media links and icons in the Services WordPress theme?
The PE Services WordPress theme’s demo sites contain a section at the bottom of a website, where social icons are displayed. Five icons are displayed there:
- Facebook icon
- Twitter icon
- Google+ icon
- Pinterest icon
- and YouTube icon
You can easily manage icons and add new ones or edit existing ones if you installed the demo copy of the Services WordPress theme.
Open WordPress dashboard. Navigate to “Appearance” -> “Widgets” and find the “PE Social” widget on the list.
We are displaying this widget in the “Social” Sidebar, but of course, you can add it to any other widget position.
Let’s see the available widget options:
- Title - enter the widget title (it's hidden for the Social sidebar)
- The list of created items - you can edit or remove each item
- Add a new item - use the button to create a new item on the list
- Target - _blank/_self - the way to open a link in the current or new browser window
By clicking the “Add new item” you get access to the same options as using the “Edit” button for existing items.
- Name: enter the name
- Icon: enter the icon Font Awesome class name
- URL: enter the URL